To renew you will need.
- 60,000 won renewal fee (this used to be 30,000 won but it has gone up this year)
- Your passport
- Your existing ARC (if you are renewing)
- Your job contract
- The special paper your MOE/POE would have given you with your contract which is all written in Korean.
- If you need to photocopy anything, it is 100 won per page.
- If you are moving to a new apartment and updating your address, take a copy of the apartment contract with you too. BE WARNED: You MUST update your address within 14 days of moving or you will be fined. If you need to talk to your landlord and get them to dodgy up the contract dates for you.
- Lots and lots of patience. You will be sitting around waiting for about an hour.
Since I am located in Daejeon, I went to the Daejeon immigration office. If you are in Daejeon go to Oryong station and take exit 7 and catch bus 107, 514, 601, or 604. Alternatively you can walk. It's about 1km from the station.
The immigration office is a large boring government building.
When you walk through the doors, turn left and pick up a form......
And fill it out. If you are getting your ARC for the first time you will need a passport photo to stick to the paperwork. I didn't need a passport photo when I renewed. I kept the same card and they updated the expiry date on the back of it.
Next, grab a ticket.
And wait in the waiting area. That's my wife and father-in-law front and center.
Once your number is called, head over to the desk. If you have everything in order (contract, passport, arc card, special doc from MOE) they will direct you to go to a different desk to pay the renewal fee. The renewal desk will take your money, and in return give you some stamps which you must then take back to the person with all your paperwork.
Then, they will take your ARC and send you to desk 1 where a new expiry date will be printed on the back.
Then, you are all done and can get on with your day ^^.