Saturday, October 19, 2013

Wedding Photo Shoot - Gangnam Seoul Korea

A couple of weekends ago Jihyeon and traveled to Seoul for our wedding photo shoot. In Korea it is normal for couples to go to a photography studio to get a bunch of professional photos taken a couple of months before actually getting married. These photos are then used to send out e-invitations to friends and family (in addition to physical wedding invitation cards). 

Jihyeon had her heart set on a photo studio in Gangnam (Seoul) that she had researched and came recommended. The photo shoot would take all day, so we traveled to Seoul on Friday night (the night before the shoot) so Jihyeon could go to a make-up studio about 6am the next morning. Since Jihyeon works nights, we didn't arrive at the hotel until just after 12am. 

The hotel was nice and clean. 



But this was a little disturbing. In case of fire....



tie rope to bolt, throw rope out window, and scale down the side of the building.



This was nifty. The box in the middle is an intercom service for taxi's. You can request a taxi, and when it arrives it will alert you. No more waiting in crowded foyers with no seats. 



The next morning we got up early (but not so bright) and went to the make-up and hair studio. It was in a house (yes, a house! not an apartment or office building) in Gangnam. I later found out the place was worth about 10million dollars. It was a busy hive of activity inside. Make-up artists, hair dresses, their assistants and customers filled every room of the home. Outside there was a nice deck where you could sit and get away from the craziness. Since I am a man and require less work to look good, I got to spend a couple of hours outside relaxing in the peace and quiet. 



Meanwhile, Jihyeon was undergoing a major overhall. 



Then, it was my turn for a minor tune up. 



I don't know what this is, but it looks like some kind of alien mind probe brainwashing device. No doubt it is used by the wedding industry with nefarious intent and is what they secretly use to control bridezillas. 



We then had 10 minutes to relax outside before....



getting dressed and....



going to the photo studio.  



Waiting... 



and we are off and racing. Philby takes the lead.



I don't mean to be captain obvious, but here is the first of the professional photos from the studio. I like it, but I feel it has been over exposed too much. Half the picture is blinding white light. 





Jihyeon's parents then arrived and brought some vitamin drinks and sandwiches for me to snack on. Thanks~~~












Family photo time.



No photos allowed.



Don't push me~~~.








It was then time for the assistant to do important assistant things.




lol. These ladders were so old and rickety. An accident waiting to happen.







Lunch time. Maccas, apple, kimbap and grapes. 


 

Then... more photos.














STOP PUSHING ME!!!


Look at the camera dunkoff.



Having only gotten about 4 hours sleep the night before, I was starting to run out of steam. 





Finally, some comfortable clothes. My hanbok, unsurprisingly, feels a lot like my Taekwondo uniform. I felt like Goku from dragonball Z. Time for an epic power up sequence. Stand back!




Oh.... why am I getting married to you. Meanwhile, Philby prepares his Kamehameha attack.




Goku is so cool^^.




Mwahahaha.




The jeans and shirts were a gift from Jihyeon's sister. 







 Then, it was time to go home. Jihyeon's parents drove me the 3 hours back to Daejeon. The sunset lit up the sky like it was on fire. I wish we could have stopped on the side of the road so I could have taken a steady picture, but it wasn't safe.






2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I know this was quite a long time ago
    but do you remember how much this photography package was?
    My partner and I are from Australia and we are planning to go Korea too for a prewedding photoshoot.
    We were wondering how much it is on average - any help would be great!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lydia,

      My wife organized it all. She organized the photoshoot through a wedding planner because the wedding planner had access to special discount pricing and also organized the weddring dresses, suits, makup and assistant for the photoshoot day. I think the cost was 2.4 million won all up. There are lots and lots of these kinds of photo studios in Korea. Many studios will do a photoshoot which only goes for half a day which I guess would be cheaper.

      Cheers
      Phil

      Delete